Youth & Junior Golf Programs
3 Day Summer Youth Camps
These Summer Youth Camps run 3 consecutive days, 3 hours each day from 12pm – 3pm at Royal Oaks Country Club with Sean Lanyi, PGA Director of Player Development, assisted by Brett Balch. There is a 6:1 Student to Teacher Ratio as we have 12 spots open for each camp, open to all players from 6 – 18 years old. The cost is $200.00 per player, multiple siblings are entitled to a $50.00 discount per player so the cost is only $150.00 per player.
Upcoming Camp Dates
- Wednesday, July 12 – Friday, July 14
- Tuesday, July 25 – Thursday, July 27
- Monday, August 14 – Wednesday, August 16
- Tuesday, September 12 – Thursday, September 14
- Tuesday, September 26 – Thursday, September 28
Each player receives the following:
- 9 Total Hours of Instruction
- AimPoint Express Green Reading Training
- Putting, Greenside Chipping, Pitching and Bunker play technique
- “How to” translate to the Golf Course Training session
- Playing Challenge
- Healthy snacks and drinks daily
- Royal Oaks Welcome Gift Bag
Youth – 3 Month Membership – A Complete Game Improvement Plan & Solution
Limited to ONLY 4 Players
Includes the Following: $3,180 Value for ONLY $2,000
- 60 Minute Private Coaching Session every week ($720 Value)
- 3 Hole On Course Playing Lesson every week ($900 Value)
- 9 Hole On Course Playing Lesson once a month ($450 Value)
- TrackMan Combine & Performance Gap Training once a month ($240 Value)
- K-Vest 3D Biofeedback Training once a month ($240 Value)
- Learn AimPoint Express Green Reading & Speed Control System ($400 Value)
- SAM Puttlab Putting Stroke Evaluation ($80 Value)
- Receive a Blast Motion Golf Sensor for Putting ($150 Value)
The Summer Camp is for kids 5-15 years old, ideal for beginners to intermediate skill levels. The kids are broken into four (4) groups based on age and/or skill. The Summer Camp is open to children and grandchildren of Royal Oaks Members. Click Here for the 2017 Youth Summer Camp Packet.
Five and six-year old junior golfers in their first or second year of junior golf at Royal Oaks. Green horn golfers will play a modified 5 holes golf course setup on the upper range and will use limited flight soft golf balls. Greenhorn golfers must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
“The Tin Cups”*
Junior golfers must be seven years old or older to play on the golf course. Ages will vary from 7-11 years old. This group is intended to be for our beginning 4 hole golfers. This division will play holes #15,16,17, and 18, teeing off from the first cut of fairway. Juniors may take a maximum of ten shots on each hole before picking up and continuing to the putting green of that hole.
“The Rising Stars”*
Junior golfers must be 8 years old or older to play in the Rising Stars group. A Rising Star junior golfer must have at least two years of junior golf experience. Must have participated in the 4 hole division at least one prior year. This group is intended to be for our advanced 4 hole golfers. Ages will vary from 8-11 years old. This division will play holes #15,16,17 and 18, teeing off from the first cut of fairway.
“The Big Sticks”*
Must be able to play a timed 9 holes round in under two hours. Big Stick juniors must carry/push and manage their own golf bag and equipment. A Big Stick junior should be able to score under 70 for nine holes. Ages will vary from 8-15 years old. Boys will tee off from the white tees and the girls will tee off from the red tees.
* Advancement throughout the program is based solely on the discretion of the Golf Professional staff. In some cases a junior will have a skill set much higher than his or her age and will be placed in a more appropriate group.
PGA Junior League
PGA Junior League Golf is a fun, social, and inclusive opportunity for boys and girls (ages 8-13) to learn and enjoy the game of golf. Much like other recreational league sports, participants wear jerseys and play on teams with their friends.
Royal Oaks has teamed up with Columbia Edgewater CC and Riverside CC for these outstanding playing opportunities. Each team is captained by a PGA or LPGA Professional, who serves as the coach and is at the forefront of creating a welcoming environment for all to enjoy the game. PGA Junior League Golf utilizes a popular scramble format that creates a nurturing environment for learning and development-both on and off the course.