WELCOME TO ROYAL OAKS COUNTRY CLUB
To ensure that our guests have a great experience at Royal Oaks, here are some important guest policies and Dress Code information to familiarize yourself with. It is expected that members and their guests will use common sense and will ensure that their dress is clean, neat, in good repair and conforms to the conventions and traditions of a fine private club.
Some important points to remember are:
- Guests are asked to sign in at the Golf Shop and pay the required green fees.
- Guests must be accompanied by the member when using club facilities.
- Please be aware of the Dress Code of Royal Oaks (see below each separate policy – one each for the Golf Course, Clubhouse, and Swimming Pool ).
GUEST PLAY POLICY
Guests may play Royal Oaks once a month from June – September and up to three times per month from October – May.
GOLF COURSE DRESS CODE
The following dress requirements are applicable to all members’ guests, children & employees. The requirements apply to the Golf Shop, driving ranges and golf course. While it is unreasonable to expect that every possible type of golf shoes and clothing will be covered in the following guidelines, it is expected that members and their guests will use good judgement and will ensure that their dress is clean, neat, in good repair and conforms to the conventions and traditions of a fine private club.
- SHIRTS are required to have a collar or have a turtleneck/mock neck. All shirts must be tucked in at all times. Camp shirts with a full button front and straight hem are allowed to be un-tucked. T-shirts are not allowed in Golf Shop, golf course, putting green or practice facility. Sweaters or jackets are allowed.
- GOLF SHOES or Tennis shoes are required on the golf course and practice area at all times. Golf shoes must be equipped with soft spikes (no metal, ceramic or similar spikes). Golf sandals are allowed on the golf course, chipping green, putting green or practice facilities.
- PANTS Slacks and golf shorts (with a minimum of a six inch inseam) must be tailored and in good repair. No fleece sweat pants are permitted. No denim or scrubs are allowed on the golf course, practice areas, putting greens. Cutoffs, running shorts, bathing trunks and tennis shorts are not acceptable.
- HATS Golf caps and visors are to be worn with the bill facing forward at all times.
- HOODIES are not allowed on the course.
- SHIRTS must have a 2 inch strap over the shoulder. Sleeveless tops with collars and collarless tops with sleeves are permitted. Tops must be worn tucked in, unless specifically designed to be worn otherwise. Nice fashion t-shirts are acceptable. T-shirts, halter tops, tube tops, crop tops, spandex and tank tops or tops that expose the midriff are not permitted on the golf course at any time.
- GOLF SHOES or Tennis shoes are required on the golf course and practice facilities at all times. Golf shoes must be equipped only with soft spikes (no metal, ceramic or similar spikes). Spiked high heels are not allowed on the golf course, chipping green, putting green or practice facilities.
- PANTS and Slacks must be tailored and in good repair. No fleece sweat pants are permitted. No denim, scrubs, stretch pants or leggings (yoga pants) are allowed on the golf course, practice areas, putting greens. Cutoffs, running shorts, bathing suits and tennis shorts are not acceptable.
- SHORTS and golf skirts, there is no specific length requirement. Members are responsible to dress fashionably on the golf course while in compliance with the dress code. Bermuda length shorts must be tailored and in good repair. Running shorts and short shorts are not allowed. Tennis attire and sweat suits are not allowed.
- HATS visors and dress hats are acceptable.
CLUBHOUSE DRESS CODE
The following requirements are applicable to all members, guests, children and employees, and apply to all areas except the golf course and practice facilities of Royal Oaks Country Club. While it is unreasonable to expect every possible type of attire will be covered in the following guidelines. It is expected that members and their guests will ensure their attire is clean, neat, in good repair and conforms to the conventions and traditions of a fine private Club. In order to avoid potentially embarrassing situations, it is the members’ responsibility to inform their guest of the Club policy regarding suitable attire.
- SHIRTS and TOPS—Shirts must be tucked in unless specifically designed to be worn otherwise. Halters, tank stops, t-shirts and bare midriff garments are not permissible.
- SHOES—Golf shoes are allowed in all places except for the formal dining room. Sandals may be worn in the clubhouse but they are restricted in the formal dining room.
- PANTS—Slacks, golf shorts and skorts must be tailored and in good repair. Denim in good repair is allowed in all areas of the Club house except the Maple Room. Exercise, tennis, jogging and yoga attire are not permissible.
- HATS – No hats in the upper dining room (Maple Room) unless otherwise approved by the Club Manager.
- Appropriate evening attire is allowed after 5pm
SWIMMING POOL DRESS CODE & ATTIRE
Royal Oaks is a family friendly facility. Only conventional and appropriate swim attire is allowed in the swimming pool and surrounding area.
- Bikini tops and bottoms must be full coverage. Cutoffs or undergarments are prohibited.
- All persons in swim suits must stay in designated pool area. Swimsuits are NOT ALLOWED outside of the pool area.
- Clothing MUST cover swim wear when entering and leaving designated pool area.
- Club Dress Code is strictly enforced outside of the designated pool area.
- Long hair should be pulled back and put into a hair tie prior to swimming.
Children who are not completely potty trained are not allowed in the pool unless:
- Child is wearing a swim diaper covered by rubber pants with a snug-fitting leg band (available at snack bar), and:
- Child is accompanied into the water by an adult.
Parents are expected to closely monitor their young children. When accidents occur, the pool must be closed for 24 hours for cleaning.
Parents may not change diapers on the pool deck. A table for this purpose is located in the Men’s and Women’s locker room.
BREACHES OF DRESS CODE
Management is fully trained and familiar with the Dress Code and will maintain a tactful and appropriate approach to members and their guests should a Dress Code infraction be noted or be brought to their attention.
Under no circumstances should members confront breaches of the Dress Code on the part of other members or their guests. If necessary, such breaches should be discreetly brought to the attention of management.